Aamir Khan today is known as a perfectionist and that’s because of his ability to get into the skin of the character (because of which many filmmakers also see him as interfering). Nevertheless, take a look at some of these popular characters that Aamir has played in movies.
- Aamir Khan as Ajay Singh Rathod in ‘Sarfarosh’ movie: Although he did not look menacing, he looked self-assured and confident as a honest police officer.
- Aamir Khan as Munna in ‘Rangeela’ movie: Aamir’s ‘tapori’ act in ‘Rangeela’ was loved by everybody. Sadly, post the movie, Aamir Khan’s differences with director Ram Gopal Verma came out in the open and the two never worked with each other afterwards.
Aamir was also expecting a filmfare award for Rangeela, but the award went to SRK for DDLJ. Since, then Aamir Khan has been boycotting all Bollywood film awards.
- Aamir Khan as Bhuvan in ‘Lagaan’ movie: Aamir Khan played the role of a sincere, endearing character and even produced the movie. The movie is one of the greatest hits and also one of the popular sports themed movies.
- Aamir Khan as Mangal Pandey in ‘Mangal Pandey: The Rising’ movie: The ‘law of averages’ caught up here. Although, Aamir Khan perfectly played the character of patriot Mangal Pandey, the movie didn’t do well at the box office. This movie is sort of an ‘aberration’ in Aamir’s career in the last decade as almost all the other films have been blockbusters.
Aishwarya Rai (Ash) was initially supposed to do the movie, but walked out at the last minute, and a frustrated Aamir Khan had to get in Rani Mukherji for the role. Since then Aamir Khan avoided working with Ash altogether (Another reason being Salman Khan, a close buddy of Aamir, broke up with Ash). However, after almost 5 years, at one of the Bollywood parties, Ash took the initiative for a patch-up with Aamir Khan.
- Aamir Khan as Sanjay Singhania in ‘Ghajini’ movie: Nobody ever thought that Aamir Khan could get a masculine look, but he proved why is he known as a perfectionist. The movie was a blockbuster and people still remember Aamir’s six-packs and his rugged looks.
- Aamir Khan as Rancho in ‘3-Idiots’ movie: Aamir Khan convincingly played the part of a college student in this blockbuster, which did well in several countries around the world. I’m sure you remember the names of Aamir Khan’s character – Ranchoddas “Rancho” Shamaldas Chanchad & Phunsukh Wangdu.
- Aamir Khan as PK in ‘PK’ movie: Aamir Khan went naked, wore all sorts of dresses, playing the role of a cute alien in this movie.
Aamir Khan’s PK, a big draw in China
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in ‘Dangal’ movie: I am sure the fans are eager to watch this one, where Aamir will be seen as a wrestler.
Aamir Khan was also pivotal in Rang De Basanti’s success; however, his character of Daljit “DJ” is not as popular as the ones mentioned here.