Akshay Kumar’s Rustom (also starring Ileana D’Cruz) was filmed in the UK. The film, set in the 1950’s-60’s also had several supporting actors from London.
Rustom was filmed in several locations in Kent, around the south of England, boosting the regions economy by more than £500,000.
Rustom was shot extensively in Kent, also known as the “The Garden of England” because of its relative abundance of gardens.
Filming was done at several locations in Kent including Canterbury, Maidstone River Path and County Hall, Leeds Castle, Aylesford and The Historic Dockyard Chatham.
- Canterbury is a historic cathedral city with several parks and open spaces, shopping areas, bars and restaurants.
- The county town of Kent, Maidstone has many parks, shopping areas and sports facilities and is home to The Maidstone Studios. .
- Leeds Castle is a romantic castle with medieval themed rooms, 1920’s style interiors and original marble bathrooms, and beautiful gardens.
- Aylesford is a picturesque village located on the banks of the River Medway complete with a Norman Church and Victorian houses.
- The Historic Dockyard Chatham is a 17th century dockyard containing buildings dating from the Georgian and Victorian Periods.