Imtiaz Ali directed film ‘Jab Harry met Sejal’ features Shah Rukh as a professional Tourist Guide in Canada. As a gesture of awe, Jodhpur Tourist Guides association has decided to confer Shah Rukh Khan with a Honorary membership and a badge.
“We are very excited to bestow Shah Rukh Khan with an Honorary Membership at our Jodhpur Tourist Guide Association. It would be an honour to host him. It is a matter of pride that he would represent our profession in ‘Jab Harry met Sejal’. We are happy as he will bring recognition to the job of a Tourist Guide,” said Ratan Singh Rathore, President of Jodhpur Tourist Guide Association.
Endowed with natural beauty, great history, and a rich culture, Rajasthan is one of the most popular tourist destination in India, for both domestic and international tourism. Jodhpur Tourist Guide Association say their mission is to fight for the right of tour guides.
Jab Harry Met Sejal has been shot at various locations around the world.
Popular Movies Filmed/Shot in Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- The Dark Knight Rises (Surprised? Yes, a few scenes were filmed in Jodhpur)
- The Darjeeling Limited (Mostly shot in Udaipur, few scenes were also filmd in Jodhpur)
- The Fall (2006): Shot in various locations in India (Jodhpur, Agra, Udaipur, Chennai, Andaman, Ladakh)
- Autobiography of a Princess
Bollywood film Hum Saath Saath Hain (Salman Khan) was filmed in Jodhpur. Dor and Ek Paheli Leela were also shot in this city.
Also Read: Hollywood movies filmed in India
Jodhpur is located in the Thar Desert in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Jodhpur is also known as the ‘Blue City’, in the walled city, many buildings are painted the city’s iconic shade of blue.
Watch: 10 interesting facts of Mehrangarh Fort Jodhpur | Rajasthan | India
Top places to see in Jodhpur:
- Umaid Bhavan Palace / Garden
- Chamunda Mataji Temple, Jodhpur
- Clock Tower, Jodhpur
- Jaswant Thada, Jodhpur
- Mahamandir, Jodhpur
Watch: Jodhpur The Blue City
- Mandore Garden, Jodhpur
- Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park
- Osiyan Mata Temple (Shri Sachiya Mataji)
- Kaylana Lake, Jodhpur
- Mehrangarh Fort