Denims were a rage back in the 90s but you can still wear them today. In fact, you will spot several celebrities flaunting the good old denim jacket; denim jeans are still popular when you want to go casual.
No matter the time of the year, people world over love to wear denim. The great thing about denim is that it can be worn in a variety of ways to suit your personality.
Checkout these top denim looks sported by Bollywood fashion icons.
- You can wear pencil skirt and a white crop top with a light blue denim jacket (Shilpa Shetty was seen wearing one)
- You can wear denim as shirt, with dark blue skinnies and white sneakers (Kareena Kapoor)
- Wear a light blue denim jacket on a frilled skirt (Katrina Kaif’s look)
- Wear denim shirt as top and pairit with dark blue skinnies (Sonam Kapoor)
Top Ways to Style Yourself With a Denim Jacket
- Go for a white or light shade instead of the traditional blue denim jacket
- Wear the jacket with a turtle necked top
- Jackets and crop tops give you that extra element of style
- Jazz up your maxi dress with a denim jacket
- Team the denim jacket with your cute ‘girl next door’ look
- Wear denim jacket with your jumpsuits to enhance your look
- Team your jacket with a good pair of jeans and coloured shirt – traditional style that never goes wrong
Here are some facts about Denim:
- Denim was first invented in the early 19th century
- As per reports, 225 pair of denim jeans can be made from one bale of cotton.
- Authentic blue denim gets its characteristic colour due to the interweaving ofindigo (blue) and white threads.
- Denim jeans can be worn with tee or a long tunic or with a bomber jacket.
- Denim fabric is used in different silhouettes as well – can be stitched into a shirt, skirt or jacket or shoes.
Would you like to share how you wear your denims or wish to suggest any other style? Please let us know here.