Denims were a rage back in the 90s but you can still wear them today. In fact, you will spot several celebrities flaunting the good old denim jacket; denim jeans are still popular when you want to go casual.
No matter the time of the year, people world over love to wear denim. The great thing about denim is that it can be worn in a variety of ways to suit your personality.
Checkout these top denim looks sported by Bollywood fashion icons.
- You can wear pencil skirt and a white crop top with a light blue denim jacket (Shilpa Shetty was seen wearing one)
- You can wear denim as shirt, with dark blue skinnies and white sneakers (Kareena Kapoor)
- Wear a light blue denim jacket on a frilled skirt (Katrina Kaif’s look)
- Wear denim shirt as top and pairit with dark blue skinnies (Sonam Kapoor)
Top Ways to Style Yourself With a Denim Jacket
- Go for a white or light shade instead of the traditional blue denim jacket
- Wear the jacket with a turtle necked top
- Jackets and crop tops give you that extra element of style
- Jazz up your maxi dress with a denim jacket
- Team the denim jacket with your cute ‘girl next door’ look
- Wear denim jacket with your jumpsuits to enhance your look
- Team your jacket with a good pair of jeans and coloured shirt – traditional style that never goes wrong
Top 5 Ways to get the denim look right
Whether you wear ultra-skinny jeans paired with long slit tops and block-heeled booties, wide leg, high-waist ones teamed up with crop tops and pointed heels, or simply as shorts, denims can complement any look. You just need to find the right fit & style.
- Spot the fabric carefully: It’s time to stop wearing denims that are stretchable and have legging-like fits as we have had too much of them this winter. Instead, with the summer season approaching, pick rigid and vintage-inspired denims that can give you the old-school feel.
- Go easy with hems: Most people agree that slim-cut jeans are the hot favourite for every body type, but this season is not about restrictive ankle cuts. If you are willing to make a style impact, go for wider and breezier hems. From ultra-wide legs, cropped flares to the 1970s’ bell-bottoms and boot-cut shapes, the choices are enough to make you turn your back towards the shelves housing ankle-strangling fits.
- Figure out the wash of the fabric: If easy distressing denims were your thing, it’s time to get over with them as white, ivory and sand-coloured jeans are here to stay now. Make a faded pair for yourself or go for a deeper, darker wash. You can experiment with a faded pair of jeans in shades of white, off-white, or an earthy tan hue. These neutral-coloured denims can be paired with everything in your closet, whether it is an oversized olive coloured sweater or with a crisp white shirt for a brunch.
- Grab those oversized denim jackets: They can glam up any plain dress within seconds.
- Flaunt those cute denim shorts: What better time than now to bring out your denim shorts and pair them with your favorite white crop top.
- Dress up your denim-on-denim look: If you are someone who is crazy about denims and loves to wear a denim-on-denim style, make sure you throw in some pop colour to it or wear a simple, light coloured cotton blazer with it. Also, it will be a smart move if you avoid wearing a top and a bottom of the same shade or wash. In fact, take it as a strict no-no. Further, you must not eye those denim shoes or any other denim accessories to pair with this look.
Here are some facts about Denim:
- Denim was first invented in the early 19th century
- As per reports, 225 pair of denim jeans can be made from one bale of cotton.
- Authentic blue denim gets its characteristic colour due to the interweaving ofindigo (blue) and white threads.
- Denim jeans can be worn with tee or a long tunic or with a bomber jacket.
- Denim fabric is used in different silhouettes as well – can be stitched into a shirt, skirt or jacket or shoes.
Would you like to share how you wear your denims or wish to suggest any other style? Please let us know here.