Jhalawar is a fascinating city situated at the border of (south-eastern) Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. It was the capital of the former princely state of Jhalawar. Unlike much of Rajasthan, Jhalawar (once known as Brijnagar) has a rocky and water-laden landscape.
Om Puri wanted to settle here
The late Om Puri liked the city so much that he had decided to settle here after retirement. He had bought a two-storied house in Jhalawar.
“After retirement, I’d like to settle here. Its quiet and peaceful,” Om Puri.
However, that was meant to be. Om Puri died of a heart attack at the age of 66.
Watch: Jhalawar city Rajasthan Travel Tourism
Top Tourist Places to visit in Jhalawar
- Jhalawar Fort (Garh Palace), Jhalawar
- Manohar Thana Fort, Jhalawar
- Dalhanpur, Chhapi Dam, Jhalawar
- Atishay Jain Temples, Chandkheri, Khanpur, Jhalawar
- Gagron Fort, Jhalawar
Watch: Gagron fort in Jhalawar Rajasthan India
- Ren Basera, Jhalawar
- Government Museum, Jhalawar
- Prithvi Vilas Palace, Jhalawar
- Jain Swetambar Nageshwar Parshwanath Temple, Unhel, Jhalawar
- Kakuni, Jhalawar
- Bhimsagar Dam, Jhalawar
- Buddhist Caves and Stupas, Jhalawar
- Chandrabhaga Temples, Jhalawar
- Jhalara Patan, Jhalawar
- Bhawani Natya Shala, Jhalawar
- Fort of Gangdhar, Jhalawar