There’s much talk about Nepotism going in the film industry right now. However, the success of these actors show that you really don’t have to be born with a silver spoon to make it big in the industry. Talent, along with perseverance, can take you to places.
Madhuri Dixit Nene, who didn’t have a filmy background, says its easy for star kids to get films, but they are also scrutinised much closely, and expectations from them are high.
She also says that it takes time for outsiders to closely understand how the industry works. “When you’re from outside, you don’t know how it works. First, you have to discover how the industry works, then you have to make your contacts and even after doing a film, you have to keep doing films after films, just to show that you have it in you and you can do it,” said Madhuri.
Lets take a look at our Bollywood celebs who not only survived, but some of them went on to attain super-stardom.
- Shahrukh Khan: He started from television to reach dizzying heights.
- Akshay Kumar: Akshay did several flop films in his career before making it big in the industry
- Kangana Ranaut: The fiery actress (from Himachal) struggled for years before making it big (big enough that today she even takes on the likes of Hrithik and Karan Johar).
- Anushka Sharma: She is now among the leading actresses in Bollywood, and has worked with all the top Khans (Aamir, Salman, Shahrukh).
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: Nawazuddin has indeed come a long way. From doing tiny roles in films (he was in Sarfarosh), Nawazuddin now rubs shoulders witg the top stars in the industry.
- John Abraham: The fitness freak and non-controversial actor, John Abraham, started of by doing modeling assignments.
- Sushant Singh Rajput: The one time TV actor is finally getting big films in Bollywood.
- Randeep Hooda: One time boyfriend of Sushmita Sen, Randeep has slowly but steady he has been climbing the ladder of success in Bollywood.
- Other actors who have made on their own include Manoj Bajpayee, Ayushmann Khurrana, Rajkumar Rao, Deepak Dobriyal.
- Actors like Priyanka Chopra, Sushmita Sen, Lara Dutta were winners of beauty pageants that helped them get a break in the industry.
- Sidharth Malhotra worked as an assistant to Karan Johar.
Have we missed any name here? Do let us know in the comments.