Pom pom accessories to up your style quotient: Oversized fur earrings, also known as mink or pom pom balls, are making a fashion statement in India. The trend, which began in South East Asia, is now a fashion must-have in most metro cities in India.
Chinu Kala (Fashionista, Entrepreneur & Socialite), who wore these at an event, said, “Miley Cyrus wore giant fur earrings in 2013, and people have since been making a statement with these earrings. Last year it began dominating the streets of China, HongKong and Japan.
Earlier, pom-poms would usually be seen in winter on warm woollen caps, but now they can be spotted on various kinds of clothing and accessories.
The pom-pom craze has got designers churning out interesting wearable options, and the good thing is that there are umpteen ways to flaunt this fad.
Turn heads with these bold, super light and soft earrings. Make these a part of your fashion wear. And it doesn’t have to be just ear-rings…shoes, earrings, scarfs, everything can get pom-pomised.
Watch: DIY Pom Pom Earrings
Pom-pom neckpieces give life to an outfit. For a change, leave your done-to-death metallic jewellery at home, and use these fluffy balls at times.
Fashion / Styling Tips
- Pom-pom earrings goes well with both Indian as well as western attires.
- Wear just one oversized shoulder duster earring that ends with fur
- Wear contrasting coloured fur earrings, but of the same size/dimension
- Pom poms will make your Kolhapur chappals look cool.
Watch: Pomp Pomp on Kolhapuri Chappals
- Style it as a purse hanging or a key ring, or even mobile charm
- Pom Poms can alter the look of your plain old bag too. Feel free to hang them from the edge or add a few strands wherever you fancy.
Watch: Fendi Inspired D.I.Y. Pom Pom Keychains