Ram Gopal Varma (RGV) and Anurag Kashyap have patched-up after six years.
Ramu had given Anurag his first big break with the acclaimed film Satya (1998). The film was directed by Ram Gopal Varma and written Anurag Kashyap (along with Saurabh Shukla).
However, Ramu and Anurag have been at loggerheads since then, publicly criticising each other’s work and routinely pulling down one another on social media.
- After Bombay Velvet bombed, Ram Gopal Varma attacked the film and Anurag Kashyap.
- Recently when Vikas Bahl was accused of sexual harrasment by a co-worker, RGV again mocked Phantom Films and Anurag Kashyap.
- Anurag first took a dig at his mentor on the Koffee with Karan in 2014, when he replied to Karan Johar’s question, “Ram Gopal Varma is…” with “RGV was…what is?” meaning that RGV was no longer relevant.
- When Anurag’s directorial Bombay Velvet tanked, RGV had tweeted, “A director standing by his film that was rejected by the audience is like him telling a girl, ‘I love myself and I don’t care if you don’t love me’.” Anurag had replied, “I love you too much sir. Now, put that vodka aside and go to sleep. Kisses and kisses.”
- Anurag kad also offered him a ‘filter coffee date to celebrate Aag’. The conversation ended with them agreeing to meet KJo for coffee and learn ‘how to make a Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’.
However, it seems the two have decided to let bygones be bygones.
The two recently met with a bunch of friends for dinner and drinks. Spirits were high and they ended their feud by planting kisses on each other.
“A kiss is not a sexual expression but the purest form of love, which can happen between a mother and child or the thickest of friends or bitterest of enemies. But my kiss to Anurag is for his sexy mind,” wrote RGV.
Goli Maar song from Satya