Forbes recently came out with the list of the top paid 100 celebs in the world, and guess what…our Bollywood A-listers (Shahrukh, Salman and Akshay) once again have featured among the highest paid actors in the world.
The Forbes list of the ‘World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities of 2017’ is out, and at the top is American rapper and entrepreneur Sean Combs, known by his more famous stage name ‘Diddy’, with earnings of 130 million dollars. American singer and icon Beyonce on the second spot with earnings of $105 million. Author J.K. Rowling (known for her Harry potter series) is at no.3 with $95 million.
- Bollywood Baadshah SRK is at number 65 on the list, with earnings of $38 million (tied with singer and actress Jennifer Lopez).
- Salman Khan is at number 71 with earnings of $37 million (tied with English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran)
- Akshay Kumar is ranked 80th on the list with earnings of $35.5 million (tied with musician Bon Jovi)
Other celebrities (from around the world) who made it to the list (no cricketers yet):
- No.5 Cristiano Ronaldo, $93 million (Athlete, Portugal)
- No 14. Lionel Messi, $80 million (Athlete, Argentina)
- No 39. Jackie Chan, $49 million (Actor, China)
- No 58. Sofia Vergara, $41 million (Actor, Colombia)
- No 68. Novak Djokovic, $37.6 million (Athlete, Serbia)
- No 71. Neymar, $37 million (Athlete, Brazil)
Anurag Kashyap Talks About ‘Wide Gap’
It seems Anurag Kashyap is not happy to see SRK, Salman, Akshay in the Forbes rich list.
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap is not impressed with the Forbes list (that features Bollywood stars alongside rich Hollywood stars) and feels that its not fair to Indian filmmakers and to production houses (many of which are on the brink of shutting down).
The films in which Hollywood actors feature earn millions and billions. On the other hand, a big Bollywood film earns about Rs 300 crore (much less in comparison to a Hollywood film).
Despite this huge gap, Indian actors made it to the list.
However, Anurag asserted that it’s not the fault of actors but the producers who agree to pay them such whopping amounts.
The World’s 100 Highest-Paid Celebrities pulled in $5.1 billion (before tax) in the last 12 months, more than the GDP of countries Belize, Gambia and Bhutan–combined.
Top Bollywood stars now get paid as much as their Hollywood counterparts
The Forbes list now includes several celebrities from around the world, including our Bollywood stars.
Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan are among the richest celebrities in the world.
However, the gender pay gap remains an issue, even in Hollywood.
Women comprise just 16 per cent of the world’s top-earning celebrities, “an imbalance that reflects the gender pay gap in entertainment and beyond”.