Sajid Khan threw away the opportunity to consolidate on the gains after his initial success, as nothing seems to be going right for him. Probably its time for some introspection and for some self-improvement, and chalk out a new plan of action.
- Anu Malik is a thief
- What I presented in my first television show (celebrity bashing), the whole television fraternity is copying the same thing now
- I can never make a flop film
- I got Akshay out of a bad patch
These were just some of the things that Sajid Khan said not long ago, after he tasted success with Housefull and Housefull 2.
And guess what is happening now?
After the major debacle of Himmatwala and mixed reactions to Humshakals, things aren’t looking bright for him at all. Suddenly everything seem to be going downhill for this guy.
Just take a look.
- Akshay Kumar is not on talking terms with Sajid
- Sajid has been replaced by Sajid-Farhad (director of Its entertainment) as the director for Housefull 3 (Akshay & Sajid Nadiadwala are close friends)
- Jacqueline Fernandez broke up with Sajid after the Himmatwala debacle
- Saif Ali Khan is not keen to work with Sajid after the response to Humshakals
And now it seems he’s unable to find a writer for next film, which is a remake of the 1982 cult comedy “Angoor”, written and directed by Gulzar. All the leading writers have been non-commital to Sajid, and their hesitation seem to spring from the fact that they don’t want to antagonise Rohit Shetty, who has officially bought the remake rights of the original ‘Angoor’.
Akshay Kumar & Sajid Khan who were quite friendly at one time, are not on talking terms now. Why? Because Sajid Khan openly said in the media that he was responsible for resurrecting Akshay’s career. Every time Akshay would give a series of flops and then a Sajid Khan film would give him the much needed hit (Housefull as well as Housefull 2). If it were not for Sajid’s films, Akshay would have been giving flops after flops.