These Bollywood celebrities do their bit – provide time from their tight schedule & don’t charge any money – when it comes to supporting organisations who work for animal welfare.
John Abraham, Sonakshi sinha, Celina Jaitley, Shilpa Shetty, Malaika Arora Khan are some of the names who’ve been associated with campaigns for animals.
- Sonakshi Sinha is a long-time supporter of PETA India and has been rescuing animals for years.
- John Abraham provided a helping hand in creating India’s first elephant village in Maharashtra
- Celebrities like Rahul Dev, Ameesha Patel, Eesha Koppikhar, Yana Gupta, Raveena Tandon, Gulshan Grover, Shamita Singha, Jiah Khan, Rahul Khanna and controversy queens Shilpa Shetty and Rakhi Sawant have worn outrageous outfits to spread the message that animals must not be killed for commerce.
- Shilpa Shetty and Rakhi Sawant have reflected their concerns for the misery of circus animals by getting themselves caged
- Celina Jaitley, who appeared in a torn and tattered grey vest, was tied with chains for a PETA ad to save elephants from captivity
- In 2001, Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dixit wrote letters to people in South Africa and Assam appealing for the endangered black rhino and elephants respectively.