Here we take a look at some of the highest paid actors (male and female) working in the hindi television industry. Some of the bigger names on Indian television are seen even in Bollywood movies nowadays, so they are the stars of the television industry.
Some times back, we had written an article on the stressful working conditions of Indian television actors, but we had also mentioned that the money they get is good. I’m sure you would agree, looking at the numbers.
Here are the highest paid television actors in India.
- Ram Kapoor, who was last seen in the movie ‘Humshakals’ came to the limelight with the show ‘Kasamh Se’ and shot to extreme fame with ‘Bade Acche Lagte Hain’ (along with Sakshi Tanwar). The actor takes home around Rs.1.25 lakh per day.
- Ronit Roy, another television actor who’s quite active in Bollywood nowadays, became a houshold name with the show ‘Kasauti Zindagii Ki’. The actor is also seen in the popular TV series ‘Adaalat’, where he plays a lawyer. He also charges a whopping amount of Rs.1.25 lakh a day.
- Sakshi Tanwar became a household name with ‘Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki’. Her pairing with Ram Kapoor in ‘Bade Ache Lagte Hain’ was also appreciated by the audience. She takes home a whopping amount of Rs.70,000 a day.
- Shivaji Satam (another household name), who has been playing ACP Pradyuman for more than a decade in the popular show ‘CID’ charges around Rs.1 lakh a day.
- Mohit Raina has got nationwide fans, courtesy his role as Lord Shiva in the TV series ‘Devon Ke Dev’. Mohit takes home around Rs 1 lacs per episode.
These are more or less the top stars in the Indian television industry. I’m sure Smriti Irani would also have been at the top of this list had she not joined politics.
There are a few other names as well, who at some time, were equally popular or showed potential, but for some reason or the other have not been able to make it to the top league yet.
- Shweta Tiwari was loved for her role in ‘Kasauti Zindagi Ki’, and then in Parvarrish & Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi. She is also the winner of Big Boss 4. She charged Rs.60,000 to 70,000 a day.
- Karan Singh Grover who became famous with TV serial Dil Mill Gayye came back with Qubool Hai. He charged Rs.80,000 per day while he was working for the show.
- Tina Dutta is a household name thanks to her role in Uttaran. The actress takes home an amount of Rs.55,000 a day.
- Ankita Lokhande shot to fame for her debut serial ‘Pavitra Rishta’, along with Sushant Singh Rajput who’s moved onto Bollywood films (they both are married to each other). The actress charges Rs.75, 000 per day.
- Rashami Desai rose to fame with the serial, Uttaran. The actress shoots for 15 to 20 days a month, and charges around Rs.65,000 a day.
- Dashing Gaurav Chopra charges Rs.55,000 per day and shoots for 15 to 20 days a month depending on his schedule.
- Drashti Dhami was recently seen in TV show Madhubala. She charged Rs.60,000 to 70,000 per episode.
These actors may not be as famous as some of the big names mentioned above, but they definitely show promise and could end up in that list in the coming years. Here are some of the other tv actors who are not doing badly.
- Hina Khan is famous for her role of Akshara in the popular serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. Hina charges Rs.45,000 per episode.
- One of the prettiest actresses of the small screen, Sanaya Irani makes Rs.40,000 per episode. She was recently seen in TV serial Rangrasiya.
- Avika Gor shot to fame with Ballika Vadhu. She is currently playing the lead in the serial Sasural Simar Ka, and charges Rs.25,000 per episode.
- Deepika Singh plays the lead role in Diya Aur Baati Hum which enjoys a high TRP. She takes home Rs.20,000 to 30,000 per episode.