Karisma Kapoor made her Bollywood debut with the film Prem Qaidi (1991), and over the years has given several hit films including Raja Babu, Andaz Apna Apna, Coolie No. 1, Hum Saath-Saath Hain and Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge.
Karisma recently celebrated her birthday; several friends from the film industry (Amrita Arora, Malaika Arora, Sonam Shah) shared their wishes on social media.
Karisma kapoor Birth Date: 25 June 1974
Star Sign: Cancer
Interesting & Lesser Known Facts About Karisma Kapoor
- Karisma was only 17 when she made her acting debut with ‘Prem Qaidi’ in 1991.
- She dropped out of school after her sixth standard as she was interested only in acting.
- Her mother Babita gave her the nickname ‘Lolo’ after the legendary Hollywood actress Gina Lollobrigida.
- Raja Hindustani was meant to be Aishwarya Rai’s debut film but because of her commitments for Miss World she could not take up the role. The role went to Karisma and the film is among Karisma’s biggest hits.
- Karisma was not the first choice for Dil To Pagal Hai as well. The role was first offered to Raveena Tandon, then to Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Manisha Koirala and Shilpa Shetty. They all turned down the role. Finally, the role went to Karisma Kapoor and she even won the National Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film Dil To Pagal Hai (1997).
- Its rumoured that Karisma was in a relationship with Ajay Devgan; later she was engaged to Abhishek Bachchan but the wedding was called of.
On the work front, it seems Karisma is still waiting for the right kind of roles to come to her as she has been away from the big screen for a while now. Perhaps, she should turn a film producer?