Top Train Scenes & Songs in Bollywood. Bollywood has given us some unforgettable scenes, shot inside a train, on top of a train, or on a railway platform. Here we take a look at them.
A Japanese state-of-the-art maglev (magnetic levitation) train recently clocked 603kmph in a test run near Mount Fiji, setting a new world speed record. The Spanish Talgo trains will soon be the fastest running trains in India.
That reminds us that trains and Bollywood share a special bond and some memorable scenes and songs have been filmed on trains or with trains in the background.
Though there are innumerable movies & scenes that have been shot in/around trains, here we take a look at the top train scenes and songs in Bollywood.
DDLJ, beginning of a great love story….where Raj and Simran meet for the first time.
Another classic scene from DDLJ where Raj and Simran miss the train and are left behind.
Climax of DDLJ, where dilwala dulhania le jaata hain.
SRK relives DDLJ with Deepika in Chennai Express
In Chennai Express, funny scene where SRK & Deepika communicate in songs
Going Back in Time…
- The first Indian Railway’ passenger train ran on April 16, 1853
- Historic Journey between Boribunder (now CST) and Tannah (Thane). The first train rolled out from Boribunder at 3.25 pm
- One-way distance – 34km
- Time taken: 57 minutes (Today it takes a bit more time today to cover that distance)
- Top speed – 45kmph
- Passengers – 400 (Today, during peak time, it can be almost 5-7 times this number)
- Types of locomotive used to pull the 14-coach train: Three engines – Sindh, Sultan and Sahib – manufactured in England by Vulcan Foundry