Popular Underwater Activities for tourists nowadays include – Submarine, Sea Walk, Sub-Scooter & Snorkeling Trips. Some of these may require you to know swimming (and even scuba diving).
However, its the Bollywood films which are depicting a lot of underwater sequences, some of them look just spectacular on-screen.
Famous Bollywood Underwater Sequences
Here are some Bollywood movies that had elaborate underwater sequences, where actors learnt swimming and/or scuba diving to make the scenes more authentic.
- Ek Villian (2014): The underwater scene for the song ‘Galliyan’ was shot in Mauritius.
- Warning 3D (2013): India’s first under-water 3D film
- Talash (2012): Had a couple of underwater sequences. Aamir Khan learnt swimming just for these scenes (he couldn’t swim earlier)
- Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011): Explore the oceanic world in this wonderfully shot underwater sequence in Spain.
- Kites (2010): Dreamlike sequence that showed Hrithik Roshan & Barbara Mori reuniting in the deep blue sea.
- Blue (2009): This movie had several underwater scenes (shot in the Bahamas) and is one of the most expensive Indian movies.
10 Best Underwater Sites to Visit
If you like history, you’ll definitely love seeing these underwater sites/treasures. Most of these are magnificent pieces of architecture that have been submerged under water by earthquakes, floods and other geological events. Read more here…