After years of struggle, Nawazuddin Siddiqui is enjoying his place in the sun. He has worked with the big Khans, and despite the several big offers, Nawazuddin stays grounded.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui who is known to maintain a fine balance between offbeat and mainstream cinema, is going places literally or should we say cinematically.
- His movies get featured at various festivals.
- He has worked with Rajnikanth in Petta.
- He has played Balasaheb Thackeray (in Balasaheb’s biopic)
But what about his struggling days?
During his struggling days, on several occasions he fainted because of hunger and ate only Parle-G for lunch and dinner because that’s the only thing he could afford.
- Nawazuddin never pursued stardom. Even during his struggling days, all he wanted was to eat three meals a day and act.
- Nawaz believes that he was a very honest man when he came to Mumbai but the city’s two-faced attitude trapped him too and now even he feels that its okay to lie when required (as it suits you).
- Post success, he still cannot believe that people wait in lines to get a glimpse of him.
- He wore the same suit to Cannes for three times a row (he admitted it) and said he wouldn’t mind wearing it again if he happens to visit next time as well.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui says says the industry cannot thrive on films where hero-heroine dance around trees. Bollywood needs to make more realistic films in order to be taken seriously by world cinema.