If you’re on Kuala Lumpur for Holidays, and want to have a little fun, head straight to Sunway Lagoon Resort/Theme Park , an award winning theme park located just 15 minutes from Kuala Lumpur.
Main features of the park:
- Five different theme parks at one destination – Water Park, Amusement Park, Wildlife Park, Extreme Park and Scream Park
- Close to hundred rides and attractions to choose from
- Is home to one of world’s largest man-made sandy surf beach (stretches over 13,000 square metres, whips up waves as high as 8 feet). Want more thrill? Grab a board and hit the surf!
- Has one of world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge
- Has Asia’s highest slingshot ride
- Has an interactive zoo and one of Asia’s longest flying fox trails.
- More highlights include paintball war games, mountain biking, wall climbing, bungee jumping, go-karting, All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) rides, the Pontianak Theatre of Fear, and Terminator laser battle, to name just a few.
Has Bollywood been to this theme park before? Of course yes.
Bollywood movies like Aaghaaz, Humraaz (starring Akshaye Khanna) had songs that were shot here. But the most popular song that has been shot at this location is the song ‘Aaj Tujhse Jo Kehna Hai’ from the movie Hungama.
The romantic song ‘Aaj Tujhse Jo Kehna Hai’ from the hit comedy movie ‘Hungama’ (Akshaye Khanna, Paresh Rawal) was filmed at the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Checkout this video to see what more the Sunway Lagoon Resort & Theme Park has to offer.
How to Get There
Sunway Lagoon is located in the booming township of Bandar Sunway in Petaling Jaya. It is accessible via a network of expressways (Federal Highway, Damansara- Puchong Expressway, New Pantai Express Way and KESAS Highway) and is a mere 15-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur (subject to traffic conditions).
Ample parking space and multiple options of public transportation are conveniently available as taxi and bus services are aplenty. KTM Komuter train stops at Subang Jaya Station, while Putra-LRT stops at the Kelana Jaya station. From there, just catch a feeder bus to the Sunway Pyramid stop. Ample parking space available at both Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall & Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa.
Sunway now provides free shuttle bus service around Sunway Resort City!
Sunway Lagoon 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia