Shankar’s 2.0 is one of the most expensive movies made in Indian cinema, and the filmmaker is not leaving any stone unturned for the film’s promotion. Team 2.0 has zeroed in on Burj Khalifa as the venue for the films promotional event. For the big night, Burj Khalifa will be lit up with Rajinikanth’s photo.
An amazing stage setup with the World's tallest building #BurjKhalifa by the side.#2Point0AudioLaunch#2point0#MyDubai#2point0DXB pic.twitter.com/LhcywLkUn2
— 2.0 (@2Point0movie) October 25, 2017
Rajinikanth and his 2.0 co-stars Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson are already in Dubai for the promotional duties of the film.
#2Point0PressMeet#2point0 #EMAAR@superstarrajini @iamAmyJackson pic.twitter.com/jeAKYeWKhO
— 2.0 (@2Point0movie) October 26, 2017
And we are off for the #2Point0PressMeet! See you on the other side shortly. @shankarshanmugh @arrahman #2point0 pic.twitter.com/rCoNkKGZXI
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) October 26, 2017
‘Welcome Back’ Filmed at Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa, located in Dubai, and among the tallest buildings in the world, is where several scenes of ‘Welcome Back’ (sequel to the hit movie ‘Welcome’) have been shot. Burj Khalifa is also home to several prominent Indians and is now attracting more Indian buyers.
In one of our earlier posts, we mentioned the locations where the rich Indians are buying properties abroad, and Dubai is one of them. Its a global city and one advantage it has over the other global cities is that its very close to Mumbai – the financial capital of India. And even in Dubai, several Indians have invested in apartments located in the landmark building ‘Burj Khalifa’, which is considered to be one of the poshest areas.
Welcome Back Filmed at Burj Khalifa
The opening shot of the movie ‘Welcome Back’ was shot at the Burj Khalifa. Director Anees Bazmee had clear instructions for the cinematographer, and that was to make the Burj Khalifa look spectacular. For that Feroz Nadiadwala (the producer) had taken the requisite permissions to shoot at the top of the building, as well as under it. It was a challenging scene to shoot but the end result looks spectacular.
Home to Several Rich Indians
Burj Khalifa has around 900 apartments, of which more than a hundred are now owned by Indians. It just shows the growing financial power of the Indian community in West Asia.
Indian actress Shilpa Shetty also has an apartment in this building; she was gifted an apartment on the 19th floor by her husband Raj Kundra as a wedding gift.
South-Indian star actor Mohanlal also owns an apartment here.
Btw, even David Beckham owns apartments in this building.
What About Luxury
Burj Khalifa is not just the tallest standing structure, its also quite big on the luxury aspect.
It offers several luxurious recreational and leisure facilities, including four swimming pools, an exclusive residents’ lounge; health and wellness facilities.
On Level 122, you have ‘Atmosphere’, the world’s highest fine dining restaurant. And on Level 124, you have the world’s highest observatory deck – ‘At the Top’.
More About ‘At the Top’, Burj Khalifa
One of Dubai’s most popular tourist attractions, it gets millions of visitors every year who’re there to see the majestic, sweeping vistas of Dubai and the surrounding region.
- A ten-part journey, the ‘At the Top, Burj Khalifa’ experience starts at The Dubai Mall, where you can buy tickets at an elegant welcome area featuring big LED displays, reflecting the original three-core design inspiration of Burj Khalifa.
- From there, you proceed towards the ‘travelator’ that transports you from the mall into the world of Burj Khalifa. The travelator journey – entitled ‘Dubai Now And Then’ – sets the stage for what is to come. Here you experience an audio visual journey through time, from the earliest days of Dubai to the present.
- This journey pauses at a unique viewing point called the ‘From the Earth to the Sky’ where you get your first close-up view of the awe-inspiring height of the tower.
- ‘From the vision to reality’ is the next leg of the journey that leads you to the elevators. In this area, you will be engaged in the making of Burj Khalifa while getting ready for the elevator ride to Level 124.
- Each part of this marvelous journey is set to distinctive music, composed specifically for Burj Khalifa by Katia Makdissi-Warren, a Quebec-based musician who blends Western and Arabic music.
- Travelling at a speed of 10 metres per second, the double-decker elevator journey to Level 124 takes around 60 seconds. When the doors slide open, guests will be welcomed with floor-to-ceiling glass providing unobstructed 360 degree views.
- Feel free to use the special telescopes to get spectacular views of Dubai.
- Once there, you can stay as long as you like, enjoying the views, before making the return journey to the base of Burj Khalifa.
- You are also provided the opportunity to capture your trip to the top of the world for posterity, with the ‘At the Top, Burj Khalifa Green Screen photography’.
- The last stop of the journey is the retail boutique, where you can indulge in some Burj Khalifa inspired and branded souvenirs. You may shop for more merchandise at the ground floor store located near the reception.