If you’re in India for vacation, there are several things to see and do. And although you can enjoy the scenery and look at the several ancient monuments, your tour is incomplete unless you go on the Bollywood tour.
If you are in the land of Bollywood, you should definitely try to participate in the tour of Bollywood.
There are several tour operators who organize a Bollywood tour that includes a visit to the movie studios (located in film-city), multiple locations where Bollywood movies are filmed, and you also get to see some celebrities (as well as their homes where they live).
As part of the Bollywood Tour, you get to see the Taj and Gateway of India, followed by “star homes” (houses of superstars – Shahrukh and Salman Khan) in Bandra. Bollywood Tours take you to film sets and recording studios. You get to see behind-the-scenes action. The tour ends with series of dances.
For a foreigner in India (who’s not a die-hard Bollywood fan), its definitely interesting and a learning experience to see the industry that churns out thousands of movies every year. You never know, you could even be asked to do a small role as there’s always a demand for foreign faces in Bollywood movies.
One more thing to remember. When in India, do try to learn more about its culture; it will only make your experience more pleasant during the trip.
So the next time, you’re in Mumbai during the monsoon months, make sure you checkout the Dahi Handi celebrations, and the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in Mumbai. These are celebrated on a grand scale in Mumbai, and you could even get to see few Bollywood celebrities at one of the events.
Read: More about the film city tour.
Overview of Bollywood Tour
The Half day tour of Bollywood includes the following:
- You can take the half day Bollywood tour either at at 10:00AM in the morning, or at 02:00PM in the afternoon.
- You will be picked-up from the hotel, and driven to one of the nearby shooting locations, where you can see live shooting of Bollywood movie – stars practicing their dialogues, director discussing scenes with actors, crew members preparing for a shot, technicians preparing the sets.
- Post the shooting, you will be taken to the dance hall, where you can enjoy live dance performances of professional Bollywood dancers. On the way towards the hall, you can see posters of legends of the Hindi Film Industry.
- Next, you will visit the abodes of your favourite Bollywood stars
- You will also visit animation, VFX and music recording studios. You will also see choreographers making the actors learn their dance steps, stunt actors practicing their stunts, and more.
- At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel or the pick-up destination.
- All Entrance Fees included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Informative, English-speaking guide
- Professional driver
- Dinner (full-day tour only)
- Movie ticket (full-day tour only)