Here’s some advice regarding money from India’s richest film celebrity ‘Shahrukh Khan’ – “There’s nothing romantic about being poor. And don’t philosophise until you’re rich first. Make money and be a happy artist, not a struggling artist.”
Almost every year now, you see King Khan’s name listed among the word’s richest celebrities – be it Forbes list or any other list. And the reason he happens to be in that list is because Shahrukh himself aspires to be rich.
“Don’t philosophise until you’re rich first. I used to be poor, and I can tell you there’s nothing romantic about it. When young people, friends, say they want to be great creative novelists, I advise them to be a copywriter first, make a little money. Don’t be a struggling artist; be a happy one,” Shahrukh in an interview to GQ India.
He eats too little (for a king), sleeps even less, drinks coffee like its water, and smokes all the time. Lets hope those are not the ingredients to be successful in life. Nevertheless, the fact is that he has made it big in life, and is enjoying the success.
Also Read: Shahrukh Khan gives ‘life lessons’ while playing with Abram’s toys
So what does the King Khan splurge his money on?
- His bungalow Mannat is one of the most famous landmarks in Mumbai, and probably the most spoken of (after Mukesh Ambani’s Antilia).
- He loves to smell good and uses some of the most expensive perfumes in the world. “It’s very important for me to smell good. I mix two fragrances – a Dunhill scent that’s only available at their London store as well as a Diptyque one. I’m not big on fashion, but I have a good eye.
Also Read: Shahrukh Khan on success in Bollywood and Business
- He owns some of the best shoes in the world. “I don’t like wearing formal shoes, so I mostly buy sneakers. I recently picked up these pre-distressed, worn-in Golden Goose sneakers, which both my son and Ranbir Kapoor tell me are all the rage,” he said.
- I like cooking and am building a new kitchen. “My family used to own restaurants. I’m learning how to cook Italian food. I can make pasta, risotto and tiramisu right now – but what I really enjoy is serving people, and making sure they’re well fed. I’m building a new kitchen, so I can cook more.
- Bought expensive guitars in Spain – “I also want to learn to play the guitar well. A few years ago in Spain, I bought two really expensive guitars – one for me and one for my son Aryan – and told him that we should learn to play together. The good thing is he has, and he’s pretty good. AbRam, my three-and-a-half-year-old, is musically inclined too. If I ever do learn the guitar, we could have our own boy band.”
Spain is also popular for its horses. Perhaps he should buy a few, and take Abram on a ride.
Also Read: Here’s why Shahrukh is the King of Bollywood.