The NALDEHRA Golf Club, located around 22 km from Shimla, is one of the highest Golf courses in the whole of Asia.
Here are some interesting things about this world famous Golf Course:
- The golf club was established by British viceroy Lord Curzon in 1905.
- The 68 par, 18 hole course is located on a tough terrain and is one of the most challenging golf courses in India as well as in the world. It also happens to be among the oldest golf clubs in the world.
- Its Located at an altitude of 2200m
- The beautiful course is set among tall cedars (Its recommended that you hire a caddy, else you could get lost)
- The best part – You can have a drink and snack in the clubhouse bar (doesn’t matter you’re playing or not)
How is the weather like?
CLIMATE: In winters, it can get freezing cold so heavy woolens are required. During summers light woolens / cottons should be fine.
The best time to visit Naldehra Golf Club is from April to August and December to January.
Interesting places nearby
- The name Naldehra derives its name from the Nag temple that is located nearby.
- TATTAPANI At 656m, there are hot sulphur springs believed to have medicinal value.
- Naini lake, Jim Corbett National Park
How to reach NALDEHRA
The closest airport is at Jubbarhatti, 45 km away.
The nearest narrow gauge railhead is at Shimla, 23 km away.
By road Chandigarh is 139 km, Manali is 282 km and Delhi is at a distance of 392 km.